Jay Steven Levine is the founder and sole Shareholder of Jay Steven Levine, P.A. Jay Steven Levine, P.A. is doing business under Levine Law Group. Mr. Levine has been practicing law since late 1976, with a concentration on community association law since 1980.
Mr. Levine counsels community associations on all matters including hurricane matters, such as, but not limited to, casualty and insurance issues, statutory and document interpretations, recommending courses of action, and reviewing insurance requirements and policies. In addition, Mr. Levine is experienced in pursuing insurance claims against insurance carriers. His substantial litigation experience includes collections, foreclosures, rule and covenant enforcement and contract disputes.
As such, in addition to representing developer clients, Mr. Levine has represented hundreds of community associations state-wide in matters ranging from covenant enforcement to operations management, including document amendments and contract preparation and rendering opinions interpreting governing documents and statutes. Mr. Levine is also experienced in the defense of code violations.
In addition to Mr. Levine’s extensive “hands on” experience representing condominium, homeowners’, cooperative and mobile home associations, he is also a member of the Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of the Florida Bar.
Mr. Levine has authored articles and newsletters relating to the practice of Community Association law and the issues faced by communities across Florida.
Community Associations Institute, a premier national organization for community associations, has also engaged Jay’s services to speak at events from California to Florida. In addition to his national speaking engagements, Jay is also an approved provider for continuing education courses for community association managers and management firms in the State of Florida and an approved provider for Board Member Education Certification.
- University of Miami School of Law, J.D.
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., Economics, Magna Cum Laude
- The Florida Bar
- United States Federal District Court, Southern District of Florida
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals
- Member, Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of the Florida Bar
- Member, Advisory Board of the University of Miami Law Center’s Institute on Condominium and Cluster Developments
- Previously served on the legislatively mandated task force appointed by the Division of Florida Condominiums, Timeshares and Mobile Homes to study changes to the law regulating homeowners’ associations
- Member, Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section of The Florida Bar
- Member, Palm Beach County Bar Association
- Member, Community Association Management Professionals (C.A.M.P.)
- Member, Broward Coalition
- Member, Community Association Institute, Broward – Miami-Dade (CAI)
- Author, Insurance Issues, a chapter in the Florida Condominium and Community Association Law Treatise published by The Florida Bar
- Author, “Elements of a Construction Contract”, South Florida Opulence Magazine
- Contributor, South Florida Cooperator
- Presented “Assessment Collection Crisis – The Next Generation” for BankAtlantic’s Lunch and Learn Seminars for community association managers (2009)
- Presented “Hurricane, Casualty and Property Damage” sponsored by the Jay Steven Levine Law Group for community association property managers, directors and officers (2010 and 2011)
- Annual speaker at the University of Miami Institute of Condominium and Cluster Developments Housing Seminar
- National Speaker, CAI
- Speaker, CLE International
- Speaker, The Florida Bar Continuing Legal Education
- Speaker, Palm Beach Community Manager’s Association
- General Counsel, International Hurricane Protection Association (IHPA)
- Advisory Board of the University of Miami’s Institute of Condominium and Cluster Developments
- Community Associations Institute (CAI)
- Community Association Management Professionals (CAMP)
- International Hurricane Protection Association – General Counsel
- Broward Coalition
- State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) approved provider for Board Member Education Certification Courses
- State of Florida, DBPR approved provider for community association managers and community association management firms (CAM) continuing education courses
- Invited Member, Sub-Committee of the Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of the Florida Bar regarding condominium law insurance issues.
- Invited Member, Condominium and Planned Unit Development Committee of The Florida Bar – advisory committee regarding significant changes to Chapter 607, F.S. (Florida Business Corporation Act) and Chapter 617 (Florida Not For Profit Corporation Act)
- Testified in a hearing before the Subcommittee on the Constitution of the Committee on the Judiciary United States Senate (One Hundredth Congress) as to S.558 entitled “A bill to amend title VIII of the Act commonly called the Civil Rights Act of 1968, to revise the procedures for the enforcement of fair housing, and for other purposes; Resulted in “Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988”